Zalando Websites and their weird Top Categories

I encountered this issue while looking at Zalando's websites for different countries. On their homepage (after redirecting to their country specific website), you can view the 'Top Categories" which were browsed/viewed by users across the Europe/Worldwide.

I noticed that something was weird with the list as I saw "nicht verfugbar" on the Zalando.de website, which means "not available".

Curious to know, if that was just one isolated incident on Zalando's German website, I checked all of Zalando's website and found similar occurrence on multiple country specific websites. The only country specific websites which did NOT have such issue were located in countries such as Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark etc.

To me, who has no idea about their growth sitting at my computer table, it felt like indication of something. I could come up with (unproven) theory that "Not available" or similar terms could be indication of people browsing product extensively which are not available at that moment. It could also be an indication of extensive growth or popularity in those areas/regions. But, I can't verify this. I've uploaded all the photos with words similar to "Not available" highlighted in each of them.














p.s. I had interview with Zalando and I reported this issue to the interviewer. He liked it and I couldn't find this issue anymore when I checked today (26-Apr-2017).




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Android 4.1.2: Google Play: Update apps over WiFi only (updated with Google's response)

Inconsistent search results while querying currency exchange rate

Google Hangouts: Not so finished